EITLERP a web based software application focused for Small and
Medium Enterprises (SME). It has tightly integrated modules covering
business functions Sales, Inventory, Purchase, Planning, Production,
Finance, Quality, Maintenance. Selective modules of ERP can also
be implemented. EITL has evolved a watertight implementation method
to deliver the desired results for its customers. EITL provides
constant updates for Technical, Functional and Statutory enhancements
from time to time.
: Java V. 1.5.4
Platform : Java
DBMS : Oracle 9i
Tools : NetBeans, TOAD, APACHE Web server, JBoss Application Server,
Jakarta-Tomcat Server, JasperReports, iReport Designer
OS : Linux for Database and Application Server
is Integrated ERP for Manufacturing Company covering all the aspects
of Inventory, Purchase, Sales, Production, Planning, Accounting,
Finance and Import/ Export/ Excise/ Service/ Income Tax related
• Developed using all open source yet powerful software
tools including JasperReports and Java.
• Form based SDI application environment providing rich
and user friendly interface.
• Can be deployed to any Java enabled web server including
Tomcat and JBoss.
• Three tier architecture - supports easy integration and
maintenance of the software system.5 Level access permission with
• Manageable Workflow for individual document approval.
• Written in Java, the system can be run in any environment.
• 4 Level Security - 1. User Password 2. Menu Level Restrictions
3. Menu Operation Level Restrictions 4. Field Level Restrictions.
• Customizable interfaces. Provides customization of certain
documents without re-compiling the program
• Tax Editor, providing ability to add columns and change
calculation formulae for tax columns like Sales Tax., Excise,
Import, Export duties etc. at runtime without changing the program.
• Built in email client, provides functionality to email
the document directly. Also adds address book.
• Barcode reading and printing support.
• Centralized report processing. Reports are generated in
• Two-way data replication module which can automatically
replicates data among different locations.
• Full on screen audit trail of each transaction document.
• On screen full Back and forward tracing of documents.
• Automated system alerts by email.
Ringspann Elecon (I) Ltd., V.V.Nagar.
Shri Dinesh Mills Ltd., Vadodara
Object Oriented Analysis and Development methodology.
Regular meetings with client personnel and gathering of their
- Understanding their problem with current system.
- Identify need for making ERP System
- Thoroughly analysis of daily activities performed by each individual
at the client organization who is concerned with software system
to be developed.
- Preparation of Systems Requirement Specification which describes
the requirements in detail and in pre-defined format.
- Preparation of feasibility study report which describes the
feasibility of the proposed system.
Preparation of Use case diagram: This document describes each
and every function performed in the system in pictorial format.
User case diagram is prepared for Legacy system and proposed system.
- Preparation of Activity diagram: This document is prepared from
use case diagram by picking each use-case and describing each
function and its activity flow in pictorial format.
- Preparation of data dictionary: This document describes each
data element used in the system along with detailed information
of data element, purpose, importance, security, approval workflow
and relation with other data elements.
- Preparation of table structures: Data elements are grouped into
data tables and relationship between tables are defined.
- Preparation of Entity Relationship Diagram: This document describes
relationship between data tables e.g. one to one, one to many
and many to one etc.
- Designing of system modules.
- Designing of middle tier business objects like Classes, Triggers,
- Preparation of class diagram which describes classes and its
structures (attributes and methods). It also depicts relationship
- Designing user interfaces. User interfaces include entry forms,
web pages, system menu etc.
- Preparation of CRC (Class Responsibilities Collaboration) documents.
• Project Planning
Preparation of development schedule (date wise).
- Preparation of GANNT charts to describe the milestones and deadlines
for each phase of project.
- Resource Allocation Document: This document describes allotment
of work (program modules) to individual along with deadlines and
necessary information for the development of module.
- Risk Analysis: this includes calculating manpower required for
the execution and by considering risk factors, if necessary raise
requirements for additional manpower and resources.
- Top down functional decomposition of modules using object oriented
- 3 tier application architecture.
- Implementation of Model-View-Controller architecture in user
- Implementation of application framework (developed by us) which
reduces the coding and increases the quality and reliability of
- Meetings with client personnel and deciding the action plan
- Training users with new system by planning in house training
- Phase wise implementation of the system. Phases includes implementation
of major modules like Material Management, Shop floor control
- Migration of data from legacy system to new system.
- Parallel run of the system for pre-determined time.
- Monitoring of system performance and compliance with client
- Arriving at changes required and passing on to development team.
- Patch management during parallel run phase.
- Establishing support team at client site for limited time.
- Conducting review meetings with functional heads and users for
feedback of new system.
design and management techniques employed:
- Data dictionary
- Database structures
- Database relationship
- Entity relationship diagram
- Database security by using
- User, role and Workflow based permission
- System connects to the database using user created specifically
for the system.
- System Security at four levels
1. User id and password
2. Module Access Permissions
3. Module Function access permission
4. Field updation permission
- System also implements password expiry policy by which user
must have to change password after certain time.
- Component integration testing: To exposes defects in the interfaces
and interaction between integrated components.
- System testing: Testing an integrated system to verify that
it meets its requirements.
- White Box Testing: Structural testing for analysis of internal
workings and structure of a piece of software. Including various
techniques such as Branch Testing and Path Testing.
- Functional Testing: Test the features and operational behavior
of a product to ensure they correspond to its specifications.